One thing that use to really confuse me about Christian teachings is the insistence that Jesus is “The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.” Some even proclaim that He is YHVH Himself. Let us see what Tanakh states, over and over and over again…
- Yahweh [is] king forever and ever; the nations have perished from his land. Psalm 10:16
- Who [is] the king of glory? Yahweh, strong and mighty; Yahweh, mighty in war!
- For God [is] king of all the earth. Sing praises with understanding. Psalm 47
- Yahweh is king; he clothes himself with majesty. Yahweh clothes himself; he girds himself with might. Yes, [the] world is established [so that] it will not be moved. Psalm 93
- Say among the nations, “Yahweh is king! Yes, [the] world is established [so that] it will not be moved. He will judge [the] peoples fairly.” Psalm 96
- Yahweh is king; let [the] peoples tremble. [He] sits enthroned [between the] cherubim. Let the earth shake. Psalm 99
If Jesus is God and King over all, why did YHVH confuse us by telling us a bazillion times in Tanakh that He is King over all creation and over all the nations? I mean is God Schizophrenic or what? Does God not know how to say what He means…or does He speak in riddles to confuse us? Here is what YHVH said about that…
He said, “Please listen to My words. If there be prophets among you, [I] the Lord will make Myself known to him in a vision; I will speak to him in a dream. Not so is My servant Moses; he is faithful throughout My house.
With him I speak mouth to mouth; in a vision and not in riddles, and he beholds the image of the Lord. So why were you not afraid to speak against My servant Moses ? (Numbers 12:8).
Hail to You KING, YHVH! May the whole earth be filled with your glory.